When a severe personal injury leaves you struggling with pain, recovery efforts and mounting debt, you need real information, not legal rhetoric. You have probably already unearthed a vast amount of data — some of it useful, much of it not — in your quest to find a solution. Now you are likely ready for simple words packed with actual information.
Our Orlando-based lawyers believe that sometimes the basics of a particular situation can help personal injury victims regain their focus. In turn, this leads to clearer thinking and good decisions. Whether you are considering a lawsuit or simply want a fair insurance settlement, the following list of do’s and don’ts can help you get back to basics and acquire the compensation you need.
- Do: Keep logs of the events surrounding your injury and the incident that caused your harm
- Do: Follow your medical orders to the letter to avoid claim complications
- Do: Save every receipt and bill surrounding your personal injury (hospital bills, pharmacy receipts, etc.)
- Do: Take notes when speaking with authority figures (law enforcement, investigators, etc)
- Don’t: Speak about your accident or your injury on social media
- Don’t: Sign any document without guidance from a legal representative experienced with personal injury claims
- Don’t: Provide formal or casual statements to insurers, investigators or any other involved party
- Don’t: Admit any fault for the accident or injury and never imply that you contributed to the incident
Rely on your legal professional to guide you through the process of filing an insurance claim or initiating a lawsuit in Florida. As personal injury attorneys, we have the knowledge and experience to help you reach all of your financial recovery goals. Continue browsing our website if you require additional information.